Marketing & Business Development Internship
The Grant County Economic Growth Council is seeking a senior or graduate student with a major in Marketing, Communications, or another business-related field. The internship is part-time (15-20 hours/week) with flexible scheduling, a competitive hourly wage and flexibility on start/end dates.
Growth Council internships run during the fall and spring semesters. Résumés can be sent at any time to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to be considered for a fall internship, send your résumé by May of the previous semester. To be considered for the spring internship, send your résumé by the beginning of December.
The internship looks for an individual that shows exceptional leadership, creative problem solving, and strategic thinking, a working knowledge of marketing and business strategies, and inspiring communication skills to help drive the future growth of Grant County while in a dynamic and challenging work environment. Interns who display attention to detail are greatly appreciated.
- Senior student or graduate preferred, though all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply
- Marketing/Communications/Business or related major
- Minimum GPA of 2.7 on 4.0 Scale
- Excellent communication & writing skills
- Must be able to work on PC and MAC platforms
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (specifically Excel & Power Point)
- Exhibit interest in community/county affairs
- Demonstrate a willingness/interest to learn
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/InDesign)
- Ability to multi-task a must
You will report mainly to the Executive Director but you will be assigned some tasks by the other team members during your employment. The primary duties of this position are:
- Plan and organize one Growth Council event. The Growth Council team will review and approve the event plan before proceeding.
- Assist in the creation of strategic marketing plan for the Growth Council
- Keep social networking sites up to date (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Assist in the planning and execution of all Growth Council events (ie. special dinners, luncheons, and meetings)
- Create, implement, and analyze surveys for a variety of audiences (event feedback, etc) and report on the results at an executive committee meeting or board meeting
- Write press releases, newspaper articles, and blogs to update community on current events. All updates will be approved by the Marketing Director. Once approved, use the Growth Council’s software to send out the update and serve as the contact for any follow up questions.
- Minimal design work to update/create invitations, brochures, presentations, fliers for Growth Council marketing material
- The FALL intern will be the YEP leader. This entails being the main point of contact for all the students, preparing the activities and updating the PowerPoint for each session and being present at each week (as much as possible). Currently, the YEP program meets Tuesdays from 3-5pm.
- Write special correspondences for the Growth Council at the direction of Executive Director
- Basic clerical duties (answering the phone, greeting and directing guests, stuffing and mailing envelopes, filing, etc.)
E-mail résumés to email@example.com