Through effective partnerships with multiple organizations, the Grant County Economic Growth Council helps locally-based businesses succeed through an array of services.
- Creating awareness of Grant County Indiana, and Indiana’s resources design to assist a growing business.
- Taking advantage of the educational and training resources of our educational systems to provide top notch, state-of-the-art training to new, existing, and expanding businesses.
- Facilitating access to public resources such as property tax abatement .
- Reporting progress and updates
The Chamber offers support to businesses in a variety of ways. The organization is both a venue and a platform to interact with others in the community to share experiences, information, and practical applications to help further business and organization growth. Some of the key resources the Chamber offers businesses are:
- Networking Opportunities: Member breakfasts, Sales and Marketing meetings, and Grant County Young Professionals Network
- Educational Resources such as seminars, classes, and training sessions
- Visibility through our online Business Directory and e-newsletter
- Advocacy through Government Affairs Committee, Third House Sessions, Legislative Survey, and more
- Resources and Referrals
The Gas City Chamber of Commerce works to promote, nurture and develop the community and character of the Gas City area through cooperative efforts from business, industry and education. The Chamber can help members in the following ways:
- Market your business through our cutting-edge website, Chamber Snapshot. This is an opportunity to have your business featured in front of numerous local consumers to attract them to your business and website.
- Engage in networking opportunities to build new business contacts at our monthly Chamber luncheon (the 3rd Wednesday of every month).
- Share special ads and flyers in our weekly email that goes out to all members for no charge. We will also promote your business or organization through social media.
- The Gas City Chamber staff and diplomats will promote and attend your ribbon cutting and open house events.
Partnered with the Indiana Department of Workforce Development (IDWD), WorkOne operates to assist Indiana citizens in accessing and improving their skills in order to find the jobs that will best fits their talents. WorkOne aims to help businesses save money through a variety of services ranging from candidate screening, job fairs, and other recruiting services. They also provide tips on how companies can qualify for grants and training.
Indiana Career Connect is the State of Indiana’s no-charge online service to assist employers in finding the right employees with the right qualifications, and to assist individuals searching for the careers that match their skills and experience. This site is part of WorkOne’s services.